Therefore, in case if you’re looking to Hotmail Sign up account, here’s a step by step guide which explains you the process. Hotmail is a web-based email service that was Launched by Microsoft in the year 1996. The Hotmail became one of the first email services that were free for its users. Hotmail got its name because it contained the letters “HTML.” Let us know more about how to Hotmail sign up process:
Sign Up Process for Hotmail
Hotmail is the oldest and most popular free web-based email service. Microsoft gave it a totally new form by converting Hotmail to Outlook.com. But still, you get an option to use Hotmail like before. You can still create a Hotmail account and sign in to Hotmail just like previous times.
Conversion of Hotmail to Outlook
Microsoft converted all the Hotmail users to Outlook.com in the year 2013. Since then, Microsoft rebranded Hotmail to Outlook.com. All its old users were allowed to keep their @hotmail.com email address.
They can log in their Hotmail email from going to Outlook.com web page and then sign in using their own old email address having @hotmail.com as the extension. New users at Outlook.com also have an option to create their email using @hotmail.com. They simply can do so by logging in to Microsoft outlook sign up page.
Significance of Hotmail
Many people are still using Hotmail email account and many want their new email account also to be having @hotmail.com. Because people are sentimentally connected to Hotmail. Since Hotmail is the first free web-based email service and hence brought a new revolution in the field of technology and especially for emails, people want to be connected to it due to nostalgia or loyalty towards Hotmail.
People love to be a part of this oldest email service. Also as it is now integrated with outlook.com, many new features are added to Hotmail also.
Create an Hotmail Account
Creation of Hotmail account is an easy process. It is fast as well. Hotmail is free and promises to be free for a lifetime. Hotmail’s transition to Microsoft Outlook.com added many new features to it which you can try and enjoy. Microsoft also allows Hotmail account for access to its web services like Skype, Xbox Live, OneDrive, etc. The step by step guide to creating a new Hotmail account is described below:
- Open your web browser and in the URL box, type www.hotmail.com.
- On searching Hotmail.com, you will be directed to Outlook.com sign in page or Microsoft Live sign-in page. Since Microsoft converted Hotmail to Outlook.com, there is a particular web page of Hotmail.com for signing up for a new account or logging in an existing Hotmail account. But you may create new Hotmail account using Outlook.com sign in the page.
- Go to “Create new account” option by clicking on it. This will take you to Microsoft create account page.
- The new screen will have a space for creating a new email address for you and its password.
- Place the cursor on new email space and click on it to write a new email address that you want. The email address entered by you should be unique and not be taken by someone else previously. If your email account name is not unique, then Hotmail will reject that email account name and ask you to change it.
- After finding a unique email address, you get an option to chose either @outlook.com or @hotmail.com domain. But since you want to create a Hotmail account select @hotmail.com option.
- After creating the email address, move the cursor to the below space that asks your password. Type your password there. Microsoft allows only those passwords that have at least one uppercase, one number and one special character contained in it. It is important as this makes your password strong.
- After successfully filling the above two options, click on next option.
- A signup form will open which will ask you your details. You need to fill them to create a Hotmail account.
The Procedure to Fill the Form of Hotmail Sign Up
- The personal details form will ask for your first name, middle name, and the last name. After this, it asks your date of birth. You now have to choose the country you live in from a drop-down list having the name of all the nations. After successfully filling these details, click on next option.
- After asking for the personal information, Microsoft checks that you are not a robot trying to sign up and hence it asks you to decode a CAPTCHA. CAPTCHA is an image that contains several letters of alphabets or numbers written in an unorganized manner.
- You need to recognize these and then write them correctly in the space provided. Be sure to write uppercase letters in upper case and lower case letters in lower case as these captchas are case sensitive.
- If the captcha given to you is tough and you cannot recognize one or more letters of it, then you have an option to change captcha. By choosing this option, you get an entirely new captcha to decode. After completely writing the captcha, you may proceed to next page.
- Microsoft then takes you to Outlook welcome page to create your own mailbox.
- You will now see a right arrow, click that to add more details to your Hotmail account. You now have to choose Hotmail language. Language has a drop-down menu which has many languages.
- You can select your preferred language for Hotmail account.
- Then you will be asked to choose the time zone of your region. Select it correctly and move to next section by clicking on the right arrow key.
- Next page will let you personalize your Hotmail screen. It will give you an option to choose Hotmail inbox theme and display options. Microsoft gives you an option of over 50 display variations to choose from. You can choose any of these and then click the right arrow key to move to the next page.
- The next option will for adding your signature. You may write your name, name initials, designation or whatever you wish. This signature will come at the end of every email that you send using your Hotmail email address. You may also skip this step if you want to.
You are then asked to press “Let’s go” option. Clicking that makes your Hotmail inbox creation successful. Now your MSN Hotmail account is ready and can be used as your email account. You can also access all the Microsoft web services like Skype, Microsoft Office, OneNote, Xbox, OneDrive etc. using this Hotmail account.